Quote Originally Posted by canoli

Good luck with the cleaning - there's really nothing to it - like Daniel said it's a lot like driving a car for the first time. Eventually you get behind the wheel, apply what you know and everything goes fine.

I went with Visible Dust's V-Swabs and a bottle of Eclipse - total cost was about $50. The swabs are expensive but worth it in my opinion. I used 1 to clean my 5D, which was hideously dirty when I bought it. Two drops of Eclipse and a couple passes with the swab...done.

The butterfly thing looks interesting though a little "technical" for me; nothing against it, I just preferred manually "scraping" away the dust with a swab and it worked really well. I'll be interested to hear how the butterfly works for you.

Anyway - glad you chose to DIY. You'll be fine.
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you, Canoli! I still haven't quite decided what to buy yet but I'll have something ordered by this afternoon. I much rather spend $50 than what some of these other options cost!
Anway, as far as it being like driving a car ...I suppose if you're going to drive a car, you should learn how to change a flat tire ...which BTW, I still haven't done yet! [:P]

Have a great day!