Hi Jan -

I wish you all the best with your first wedding shoot! The suggestions you and others have listed already are fantastic and you should be very well covered with making it very memorable for them for years to come!

I am FAR from a wedding photographer but I have been the "mother of the bride" only four short years ago. We had a "professional" photographer and even back then before I knew anything about taking photos myself, I knewmany of the photos were far from good! Such as these ...Background ...awful! Lighting ...awful!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/Shan-_2600_-Steve-by-the-water.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/Shannon_2500_20_2500_26_2500_20Steve_2500_20_2500_ 40_2500_20Lake_5B00_2_5D00_.JPG[/img]

So other than that and what's been mentioned, my advice would be to stay on your toes! Definitely get photos of the obvious that every wedding photographer shouldcapture but stay aware of the not so obvious. Such as, the special moments between bride and groom when they think everyone's attention is focused elsewhere and not on them. Photos of the father talking to his baby girl BEFORE they walk down the aisle together as well as groom and his father & mother, photo of the mother of the bride as she watchesher husband and daughtercome down the aisle togetheror during the father/daughter dance, grandma & grandpa holding hands as they remember their own special day ...just any intimate moments you can capture!

Good Luck! I personally think you'll do great!

Denise