When I set out shooting photos during traveling I have up to now 2 1DMarkIV. One with a 24-105 Canon Lens and the other with either a 16-35 Canon Lens or a 70-300 D0 Canon Lens. One of the two I carry in a box hanging on my shoulder. The photos are as far as the technical aspect is concerned perfect. I think we don´t need to discuss about that. I often leave the flash at home, because it would reallyy be too heavy and can not be handled. When I don´t have to carry the gear not too long time - an hour or so- I like to use the gear. But when the walk takes longer (for instance 3 hours through the sites of the old romans in Rome) it becomes really less attractive.

I like the 1 D Mark IV because of their features and possibilities. I have never had a camera with such an accurate and fast autofocus. Only to mention one aspect. And If I take photos during an event, for instance a concert or a party, they are the right choice.

Now I have thought about buying 2 EOS 7 D. One with a 18-200 mm and one with a 10-22. The 7 Ds are much light weighter (820 g - 1130 g) and the lenses are light weighter and two lenses cover the whole range of the photographical field. I don´t need to change lenses The technical properties are excellent ( see Bill Carnathons?orthography! review), the camera is smaller costs with regard to the price only 1/4 of the price of the 1D And the builtin flash is very practical. btw. Since it possible to push the ISO up to 3600 and more, the usage of the flash becomes less and less necessary

The 7 D gear puts me in a position to react fast to situations You know when you are with a group walking through Venice for instance, you have to be fast, when you want to take good photos

I sometimes take photos for the company which organizes the journey. The people who took part want to see themselves later on the CD with photos and also the important sites we visited.

What do you think about, what I plan to do. Or do you have other ideas. Answers will be very appreciated.