Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

This is the hard part, I am not very good at selling myself/work and honestly, I really have no idea where to start--if you have specific comment or know of a good example, I am all ears.

I am sure there are professionals on this website that can offer better detailed advice than I can on this topic. But, in general, it seems that you want to walk the line between having a place for friends to see your photos and still sell prints. So welcoming, comfortable but still open for business. You may already have done this, as while people are perusing your photos they are presented the option to purchase. Regarding the home page, one thought would be to add a row to your menu bartitled something like "Purchase Options." The intent would be to subtlymake the viewer aware that they can purchase the photos if they want too. The link could routethe viewer to a page that described what you sell (prints/electronic files/services), how much each costs, a description of how the transaction works (VISA/PayPal, when to expect the product, etc) and any fine printlegal language you may want to include (personal use only, not for resale, etc). But again, I suspect professional photographers could contribute far more to this.

[]

I just checked your website and you are updating literally as I type. It looks very nice. I like your introductory write up. As you now have it set up, I am not sure what I just wrote is applicable, but I'll let you decide.

Thanks,

Brant