<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Been using my 1DS 3 for the first time in ages having spent the summer taking shots of motorcycles with the 7D. I love the 1D for its build quality and outstanding image quality i just dont get with the 7D. Its a full frame thing. That said its useless for sports. Anyway, with the paint rapidly stripping from my 7D from wear and tear, something that never happens on the 1 i had a look at some bike pics shot in very dull poor light at iso 1000 on the 7D. As expected outstanding detail but noisy. Not bad, easily removed but not a patch on my 1DS. So this got me thinking , has anyone got a direct comparison shot of a 1D3 against a 7D at higher ISO? I want as little noise as possible at higher ISO on a crop and the 1D looks the one in that i know it has that build quality im used to.

Please dont use computer jargon in replying or technicalities. Its a pure, whats the lowest noise. Im aware of the 7D wonderfull detail. I only print up to A2.

mICK