Quote Originally Posted by greggf

Playing around with the new HDR Efex from Nik Software(please download it and try for a free 15 day trial(I think)), has been nothing short of , well, mind blowing!! I'm not knocking Photomatix(used it for a couple of yrs), but HDR Efex has more of everything to offer, plus presets, plus more control, plus, plus , plus!! And it has their control point technology, too. There are, actually, too many ways to get to where you want to go, and it takes a lot of fooling around(read....experimenting) to get the right combination that your particular eye finds appeasing!!! But Jan, these are just my opinions....and I am by no means a professional photographer!!

Gregg, I took your advice and downloaded the15 day trial of HDR Efx Pro---All I can say is WOW, IMHO this software is leaps and bounds better that photomatix, and I am a huge photomatix fan and owner. I used it as a plugin for Lightroom and the interface, the presets, adjustments and even the control point is extremely intuitive andeasy to use. I also like the fact you can bring up one photo and apply the presets and adjustments--You could also do this in Photomatix, but EFX pro is just so much better. Just 15 minutes with the software and I am sold. HDR Efx Pro is now on my shopping list.

Thanks for the tip,

Bob