Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Agreed. Although the Dell is slightly better in processor, video card, ram, and HDD, they don't offer 1080p on their 17" for some reason (just the 15.5").
<p sizset="41" sizcache="11"]Other manufacturers, do, though. HP does have a 1080p in their 17", though, and I just compared it with a 17" MBP, both with 1080p, 8GB RAM, 500GB 7200 RPM HDD and got $1500 vs $2750. Even with 1080p, the Apple is almost twice as much.

My Dell Laptop was upgraded with a better video card, and the monitor upgrade they offered because I wanted the best resolution possible. The Laptop does have the best picture quality of any PC I have ever had.

But on the wifes $1200 MacBook Pro the pictures look even better. I don't know what Apple does to get their monitors to look this good but they have done it right. People can quote numbers and processors all day, but the proof is in the end whenI put the picture you worked so hard at up on the screen, I want it to look the way it is supposed to look. Isn't that part of what photography is about, getting the best picture possible.