Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

The color is different, certainly. But the TDP-hosted one looks like it was resized (or the Flickr image is larger). When you post an image to this site, in the Insert Image dialog box there's a max width field, which is pre-populated with 550 pixels. If you blank out that field, the original size image will be shown as long as it's no wider than ~800 pixels. Perhaps make the image 800 pixels wide, then upload to Flickr insert the original size from Flickr, and upload the same image to this site being sure to delete the 550 value in the dialog box.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Neuro

Last night I messed with the size for some time trying to get them close. Flikr gave me 3 options for size, 500, 600 and 800.

After reading your post I realized I was working at this wrong and should resize it on TDP to match flikr. The one posted from Flikr is at 600....I adjusted the one from TDP to match the screen size width and its width is 630.

I corrected them above, now they should be easier to compare. The picture is the same, but to me the one on TDP lost somthing in the upload
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Upload your picture to flickr, or whatever host of your choice, the maximum allowable size, unless you are trying to save space. When you use the Insert Image tool here you can adjust the maximum height or width if you like so you don't have to worry about selecting a certain size from flickr. Choose the largest from flickr to post here, it won't matter once you insert it into your message here. When you click Insert it will insert the image into your message at the dimension you selected regardless of what the actual size is from the image host.
If for any reason you need to resize the image after you have already inserted it, just click your mouse on the picture and the resize box will select the picture. And then all you have to do is drag and slide the pin points to whatever size you like, As you move the points to contract or expend the image size you will see a little popup showing you the new dimensions as you are adjusting the size. What you don't want to do is post it larger than the original size.