Quote Originally Posted by Jan Paalman

I think you did a great job...just out of curiosity: could you hint a bit to the actions you have made on it? Don't need to know the entire process, but an ideaon how it's been done would be very much appreciated [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Thanks Jan!

Well I after I tried all the easy stuff I thought might work, I realized I was going to have to do it the hard way.

I copied the layer, inverted the colors then played with the hue&saturation until the rusty sections looked close to the yellowish color the clean sections were. Then I added a layer mask and filled it with black. Then with white as the foreground color I reverse painted over it to fill it with the altered layer. This takes a lot of brush flow and resizing changes to get all the different areas right. It is time consuming but worth it. There were some areas that just out right needed to be repainted so I make a new layer select a color from the clean areas and lightly brush it in. I use some gaussian and motion blurs to make them blend nicely, sometimes create a layer mask a brush it to feather some spots.

To smooth out some of the clunky blue spots I copied the layer, do a heavy dust and scratch + gaussian blur + noise + gaussian blur. Then I add a layer mask fill it with black then paint with white over the problem areas and now you know all my (not so) secrets for fixing skin too.

There was some other "touch" stuff done also to even colors out, like dodging and burning.