This was shot 12/26/2010 at about 4-5:00 am. A van had caught fire right across from my home! No one ws in the van,or injured thankfully, but the threat of fire to my home was to damn close and fit for nightmares for weeks to come! I awoke to my pets barking, so I inspected everywhere as usual, as I looked out the back window for movement or noise, I SMELLED a burnt wire smoke1 I proceeded to run to the other window only to see black smoke emitting from a van across the fence basically a car length away, so i grabbed the phone ran to my family while calling 911, we grabbed our pets ran outside in the freezing cold only to be made aware by my very sad son that our cat was inside still! i ran to open the door so she could run out while we called her name. i ran inside to attempt to get her unfortunately, but she ran away ugh! as i ran toward my house i heard the pop,and saw the flames shoot upwards towards my house! we thought the worse total devastation! the smoke was black,the fire color was high and it appeared our house was being burned, just before the arrival of the local fire department! after we just had no choice to watch and earn, i decided to run to my backyard to find out the damage if any, well thank god the fire was contained and did not threaten our home minus the fact that the blast of sorts sent flames towards our roof! i was glad to know that despite my loud knocking and yelling of my elderly neighbors name, she was not home and most likely visiting family for the holiday's! N.B.,get neighbors number, I am certain I left out many details, but this was and will be a pretty darn scary photo for me for generations I hope! Thank you for reading my post! I wish everyone luck, and always remember to check,and change your fire detector batteries!