...a few things

The time has come....

I have been very,very fortunate to be able to do photography on the side, and have a full time job(UPS), too. My wife has been very supportive of my hobby, and even went so far as to allow me get a 1D Mark IV when I turned 40 last January(2010). I typically do about 2-3 paid jobs a month on the photography side ranging from children to family portraits and engagement photos. I have shot a couple of weddings, but tend to shy away from them because my son, Mason, who is turning 4 this late July, is at that age where he and I are really getting to do more together...and my wife works every other weekend as a labor and delivery nurse at a hospital in Santa Cruz, so I have chosen to not shoot them.

SOOO...in 7 months, my wife is due again...with our second...and third child!!! Yes, that's right...twins!!

So life is going to drastically change on my part in the near future!! 'Nuff said

I have been wanting to reduce my gear to a comfortable minimum, while not leaving myself short, so here are my thoughts on what I am selling, and why.

My side job shoots will probably be few and far between for at least the next 2 yrs(my choice), as I support my expanding family!! My goal, nevertheless, is to have a fully functional photography business up and running when I retire(????....read twins) in 13 yrs from UPS. We'll see(read...college for 3!!)!!

Here is what I currently have:

5D Mark ll (with Zeikos battery grip)

1D Mark IV

Nikon 14-24G 2.8 AF-s, with 16-9 adapter

Tokina 16-28 2.8 (IF) FX(just got)

Canon 24-70L(date code UX)

Canon 50 1.2L(and a sharp copy, too!)

Canon 70-200 2.8IS ll

2 580EX ll's, 2 shoot through umbrellas, 2 Lastolite EZ box's(24x24), STe-2, small and large reflectors

I will be selling:

5D Mark ll with grip...(I know, I know...but I love the 1DIV, and I rarely use the 5Dll anymore)...shutter count at just over 22000

Nikon 14-24G 2.8 AF-s(with or without adapter)...great lens, with great corners, even on FF and at f2.8(replaced by the Tokina)

Canon 24-70L...I use it less, as I use my 70-200 more, way more!!

I will be posting pics of these items by the end of this week, along with pricing.

I want to give TDP community first grabs of these items, then it will be on to Ebay. If you are interested, please email me at greggf@greggfotography.com.