Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

PS: Bob this kind of reminds me of the thread a while back where we talked about calling in a mountain lion. I would be game for tryingto call one inwith you if you ever want to go, but I need to know how fast you can run. I know I can't out run the mountain lion, but if I were faster than you I would feel safe going.

Wow, This is getting pretty insulting-I am offended, but I guess that is what you intended---mission accomplished HD. Sorry, If offended anyones morality or photographic ethics by suggesting that someone might actually kill apolar bear if it was climbing on to your boat. Frankly, I thought that a tap on the nose was rather mild way of dealing with the polar bear regardless of the reason the bear was there in the first palce. Regarding mountain lions: Would I bait them, Yes. Would I call them in, Yes---all just for decent photo--yes. Is it unethical to do so---maybe, but far less than doing so just to hang a hide on my back fence. I wish I had these animals just strolling through my back yard, but I don't, so i have to travel long distances, sit for hours in a blind, just to end up dissapointed by the end of the day. No one questions bird feeders in thier back yard to "bait" the birds in for a decent shot, no one would question a "salt block" to bait adeer why are you questioning me about "baiting or calling" a mountain lion in for a once in a lifetime shot. Is it dangerous? a little, but no more dangerous than getting on a 200 mph motorcycle or photographing NASCAR head-on or even merging into traffic on metropolitan freeway. My plans are not to hurt the animal, just photograph it. So please don't judge me or my practices. I use my back yard to practice my craft and to learn my equipment but it is not the limits of my photographic will. I would actually like to get a few photos of animals in the wild, not my backyard, not the zoo, not my studio, not even the local wild animal park, but a real animal in the "real" wild. If I have to throw a little food on the ground or use a decoy to get them in my view finder, so be it.