I have only used paypal to buy & sell, going the invoice & fees route. Recently, I have used the gift option for both buying and selling small items under $200, andit worked out well. Today I tried selling two lenses on FM. One lens I dropped the price down within 8 hrs. by $25 and went from + shipping to including shipping. This guy didn't want to gift me the money (understandable) but also wanted me to pick up the paypal fees. Another guy on FM was willing to trade his camera to me for another lens and cash but wanted me to gift the cash and mail the lens and then he would send me the camera. He's not even a paying member on FM so he couldn't place a listing for it but stalked me out by an inquiry I sent someone else. I just couldn't do it on the hopes and prayers that I was ever going to see a camera from him!

Here I wouldn't have a problem gifting cash because I pretty much know everyone accept some of the new members and I hope people would trust me. But is gifting and Chase QuickPay getting to be the norm to do business online?

Ebay only gets me scammers when I list, craiglist bought me plenty of scammers and spam the last time I listed there. Plus I heard Uncle Sam wants his cut if you sell too much on PayPal via invoicing.