Wisconsin Big Cat Rescue & Education Center was opened in 2005 by two photographers after they saw the abuse and neglect that big cats go thru in zoos & circuses, etc. Some of the cats I saw today were also from backyard breeders where they were kept in very tiny cages for years. I was also told that there are so many that they have to turn away about 50 cats a year because they just don't have the room for all of them.

This was my first time at the rescue and my heart really went out to these guys. They had about 25 or so cats and some showed the physicalsigns from their past, such as marks on some of the noses and others carry the emotional scars. The panther showed the most visible scars. Now they will live out their days and this beautiful, caring place.

I know there are alot of photos here but I just couldn't choose one over the other to post. I fell in love with all these guys! All photos were shot thru fences and I was standing behind a bar. So, sometimes the distance between the fence and the cat and the fence and myself worked, other times not so much.

Thanks for viewing and please take a moment to visit the website of this wonderful safe haven.

http://www.wisconsinbigcats.org/

Denise