Hey everyone!

I'm a bit new to the wedding scene and I am assisting another photographer for this wedding season. I'm shooting with my Canon EOS 7D but really would like to upgrade a FF camera (in addition to my 7D, I don't want to get rid of my 7D right now as it's a great camera! My fear is, though, as I've seen from the wedding last week, that the 7D is just way too noisy. First of all... the glass I own is as follows: EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM, EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. I used to have so many more lenses but sold them for various reasons. What I'm interested in is getting a 1D MK IV or a 5D Mark II (preferably the latter) as my main body. Keep in mind that I have a 580EXII and a 430EXII as well. I really want my photos to have a minimal amount of noise, and easy to shoot. Does anyone have any suggestions on flash settings for me to use? Also, with my 7D & 16-35mm f/2.8, I was shooting at ISO 2000 in the chapel at shutters speeds of 1/80sec @ around f/3.5-f/4 and was getting noise and blur! I'd like to reduce both... I suppose I could have done f/2.8 at 1/125sec, but the ISO wouldn't change and the DOF would be thinner... what do you all suggest I do? I'm shooting my second wedding with him this coming Saturday and would like to give him some better photos. Below are a few of the photos I took. Keep in mind the third image there actually has Lightroom noise-reduction and sharpening applied to it.... that's the only that saves it from being terrible. Honestly, I know I can do better... I don't think these are good at all. I am getting paid fairly well for helping him and I want to earn my money. I don't normally have problems with portraits or sports (or landscapes) but... here I'm having a big problem finding the good settings/light/lens/camera etc.... I know that a FF or APS-H body would help, but until I can afford one, what can I do with my current gear to maximize my use of it? I feel like the Speedlites are a big asset and I'm rather inexperienced with them. Should I grab some light-modifiers for them? I'd love some softboxes or umbrellas, but I really need to keep minimal. Ideally, I wish I was just shooting with a 5D Mark II and 50mm f/1.2 L but... can't really afford that right now. Also, if I did get a FF body, would my 50mm f/1.4 be alright with it? I've only shot with that combo once (my 50mm on a rented 5DMkII) and it was okay but it was in a dark restaurant so I didn't get to test it in all conditions (and I was using my 430EXII the whole time). If anyone can suggest a tip or technique, or piece of equipment that would help me I'd appreciate it, thanks!

- Jordan

www.freshphotoblog.com

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/1715.IMG_5F00_4642.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5488.IMG_5F00_4648.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/7774.IMG_5F00_4992.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/8080.IMG_5F00_5224.jpg[/img]