Hi everybody,

my girlfriend and I are going on holiday together in about 10 days.

We arranged all the needed camp gear, the car, money and we've picked our destination. At least the country we want to visit: Norway.

However there are still some loose ends which I'd like to get answers and opinions to.

What gear should I bring?

Since we're going to walk a lot, I don't really want to take everything I have and keep it light and have space in the bag for other stuff.

I was really thinking about just taking the 50mm 1.4 and use that(sort of a challenge for me). However, am I going to regret that? Do I want wider/longer? I'm afraid some landscapes would even require wider than 24mm... Also the fact that it doesn't have weather sealing is something I might regret. It's not always sunny in Norway []

On the other hand, what about wildlife? Perhaps a longer zoom will be nice as well...do I take a tripod? ....sigh....what are your thoughts?[]

The things I can take are:

Bodies: 5D Mark II and 40D

Lenses: Canon 24-105 f4L IS, Canon 70-200 f4L IS, Canon 100mm f2.8L IS, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Canon EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS

Tripod: A black lightweight cheap(does the job...OK...)

Flash: Canon 430 EX II

Are there any accesoiries I really may not forget?

And also, if anyone is from Norway or has ever been to Norway: what are sights that we must see? []

I can google around and find hundreds of touristic locations. However everyone knows that those aren't neceserily the best places to see [A] And since we're not on any real schedule we can get pretty much anywhere in Norway. (reasonably of course..)

For instance, we've got a local forest which is very popular for tourists, however I know places that are in the forest, but are more spectacular than any place the guides routes will show.

Oh...before I forget. The purpose of this holiday is to enjoy a different country and spend some time together. We both like to take photos, but it's not our main goal for this holiday. That's why I'm not really eager to take all my gear. I'm afraid I'll be behind the camera too much [A]

Thanks,

Jan