Hi All!

On Friday, I am taking an all day trip to central Wisconsin to go to the Horicon Marsh ...33,000 acres of nothing but nature & the only place in the US that has been considered home to over 290 types of birds over the years! I know now is not the best time to be going but once I learn my way around, I may go back in the fall.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/wildlife_areas/horicon/

I have never been there and am not quite sure yet where exactly to go for the best shots but I am hoping to leave home around 3:30 a.m to catch some sunrise photos and then proceed to walk the trails and maybe hang in there for some sunset shots!

Usually when I go for all day trips like this I tend to over-pack my bag and it makes for quite an uncomfortable end to the day!

For lenses, I know I will take the100-400mm & 1.4ex II

Debating on ...

Canon 35mm L or the Tamron 17-50mm ...of course the 35mm is better IQ but the zoom may come in handy and it's lighter.
Canon 100mm L IS Macro or Sigma 70mm Macro
Canon 135mm or 200mmL II
Sigma 85mm??

Tripod or Monopod?

See, there I go ...overpacking!

Lately, I have been reading a great deal of conflicting information on filters. It is suppose to be mostly sunny on Friday ...should I bring mostly UV, CPL or ND filters? I am worried about blowing out the white birds and I am hoping I won't be dealing with a great deal of sun ...shade ...sun all day!

Other than that, I have 2 batteries, 3 CF cards & Deep Woods Off!

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

Denise