Bob, thanks for the invite, something I'd be interested in but really am too new to the tilt shift concept to feel worthy of putting together a tutorial. My mission though is to learn the principals well enough that I can simplify them for others. Whether that takes a month or longer will depend in how much time I can get to play with it. Hopefully, we'll get enough contributions in this thread I can gather material and accelerate the learning process. []

For example, Johnathan remarked that focus on distance tilt to closest will sometimes require multiple cycles between the objects to get it perfect. He's right of course and for certain scenes it requires more fine tuning than others. But, I haven't figured out the rule yet. In other words does it require more tuning if the nearest object is really close or moderately close. Does the height of the closest object make the difference or it it the height of the distant object. Maybe it's just the difference in heights or the the distance between them. These are the kinds of things I need to figure out.