Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Hi All -
For me, it is the latter and I am trying real hard to bring it down to more of a very occaisional level and wincing at the withdrawal pains!Case in point, I very, very recently became a grandmother again and for nine months could not wait to take some professional looking photographs of my new granddaughter! Especially since I was still using a point and shoot when my other grandchildren were born! Well, to put it mildly, my oldest daughter does not like my new found "obession" or anything I produce from it. She says all I do is snap photos and I don't actually just sit and visit with anyone anymore! So, to keep her happy ...to date, I have not taken one photograph of my new granddaughter! [img]/emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img] She will give me photos she has taken w/ her p&s or that she has done "professionally" ...but it's not the same!

Maybe I DO need a 12-step program!

Denise I feel for you. I too did have the same dilemma with my six grand children, and boy did I feel bad. Without going into too much into the why's and not's I found out that many of my grand children parents enjoyed seeing photo's in a video slide show inc of music, rather than a single picture. Over time they started to look at single shots of the grand kids and actually ask me to have many pictures printed. We (members of TDP) all like to be complimented on our photos by everyone inclusive of the "experts" and we all love doing this as a hobby and or as a semi pro.

But reality tells me that many (who only use P&S cameras) do not have the time and or interest in looking at pictures the way we do. I now show all my pictures in a still format i.e Flickr and also in a photo HD video format (Vimeo) and I get fantastic feed back from all my P&S families, friends and even people I do not know. [:O]

I don't know what the 12 step program is, but I hope that my waffling did make a little sense. By the way many of your pixs are excellent. [Y]

Wally