I currently shoot with a 30D and my lens line-up is EFS 17-55mm 2.8 and EF 50mm 1.8. My typical subject matter seems to be landscapes (both tripod and hand held), and people shots (indoor and outdoor) - portraits and groups, candid. My style is generally photo journalistic and I also do a lot of HDR. I am an available light photographer. My future lenses will be both wider and longer, and I want to keep my line-up fast, at least 2.8 (except for 15-85mm (for landscapes) and 8-16mm sigma).

Why the upgrade?

I love my 30D but its megapixels come up short when doing enlargements and cropping, and the noise is a problem with my HDR and high ISO available light shots. These two issues are my main drivers. Noise is the biggest issue.

The two bodies I'm considering are the 7D and 5DII. Two things that count against the 5DII are cost and non-EFS compatibility. I am open to any suggestions, I'm not restricting myself to these two bodies, they're just my first guess.

I'm in no great rush.

"If I told you that you have a nice body, would you hold it against me?" - Bennie Hill