My girlfriend bought a prima about a month ago. She didn't get along with the kitlens 18-55 so I sold that and I told her that she needed a prime.

Anyway since I already have a 50mm prime, that was out of the picture. She tried the 35mm f2 and the 85mm f1.8. Both Canon. She didn't like the feel of the 35mm at all and she actually liked the focal length of the 85mm on her 40D. Same 85mm as on your camera

She does get more close-ups than you'd probably shoot normally, but this also increased the excitement level of the shots to be honest. I personally have the tic to take pictures and frame safely, but that often leads to a boring photo.

Anyway, I would suggest to buy the 50mm f1.8, since you're not sure what focal length you really want. You cannot go wrong with this lens and you should see it as a step-up lens. If you buy it second hand and you don't like it, you can just sell it with minimal or no loss in value. It does give a good impression on what you can do with a fast prime.

If you have a local shop where you can try the lenses on your list, do that, but I get the feeling that you're buying online and therefor my advise for the 50mm bargain.

If you don't like the 5 edged out of focus blur, you would not like either the Canon 35mm f2, Canon 50mm 1.8 nor the Sigma 30mm 1.4.

Good luck choosing and enjoy your prime!