Hey all,

I wanted to change my website for a long time. Mainly because the purpose of the website has changed and it needed a new layout. Bob inspired me to do it when he was working on his own website, thanks Bob!

The webadress of my website is: www.actieinbeeld.nl or www.actieinbeeld.com which roughly means: action in the picture. Which was my main goal when I started the site two years ago.

This is the old layout (with pop-down menu for each item, mouse was on macro here):

I used to have this website to post the galleries that I shot for local sportsevents. The new website will still be used for that occasionally, but I also want to show my favorite photos, read portfolio, with it.

I have been working on it yesterday and I personally am glad that it went so smoothly. I anticipated a lot more work.

The site is still in progress and the portfolio pages are filled with a few quickly picked photos to show you the idea.

I'm really interested in what you think about it! Any feedback (positive and negative) is welcome. If I am redecorating the website I'd rather do it good in one time.

A few things that I'd like to know:
  1. How are the loading times? With a 60Mb/s cable I'm probably not an objective tester myself.
  2. What do you think about the different photo galleries? I use a different layout for the portfolio and for the galleries.(because galleries could get rather big in certain events)
  3. How's the scaling of the background? Does it look properly on your screen? I use a 23 inch full HD 16:9 screen. Perhaps it doesn't scale as nice on smaller or different aspect ratio monitors?
  4. What do you think about the background? It takes quite a big jpg file to make it and it must be loaded every time. Is it worth it? A simple plain background would be the faster option.
  5. What do you think about the menu? Are the colors alright? Is it clearly readable?
  6. What about the logo?

Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Things I plan to do:
  • Change the background regularly to either my favorite photo of the month or a seasonal related photo. Perhaps a small slideshow later on(not too excited about that though).
  • Add photos to the different categories of the portfolio (I'm way behind sorting and post-processing though...)
  • Make some more decent "about" stories.
  • Make better pictures

Thanks,

Jan