Hi, I don't know the figures but I suppose the vast majority of Canon DSLRs currently on the market are 1.6 crop bodies. I have one and I will likely have (at least) one for a long time. So far I've been missing a really good and really fast "normal" prime at around 30 mm focal length. I know there's the Sigma option - it may be a good one but I would really prefer a similar Canon lens. The EF 28 f/1.8lenscould of course be an option, but I'm hesitating also on this one. I've heard too much mixed opinions about it to be convinced.

If Canon would come up with something like a Canon EF-S 30 f/1.4 USM at a reasonable price I would likely get it right away. I also believe that there should be many more crop camera ownersmissing such a lens, and that it really would have the potential of becoming a bestseller.

So, why doesn't it happen?Do any of you have any ideas of what might be coming up? Would anyone elsein the forum join me in buying one or would I be the only buyer?

I will put it on top of my wishlist and then we will see what Santa can do for christmas.