First off, I know there are many other Err 99 threads out there so sorry for starting another one.

Situation: My 20D (my only DSLR) recently displayed "Error 99". I know this is the all inclusive Canon error code so here is the exact description of what my camera is doing. Anytime I put the battery in (canon or 3rd party) the mirror goes up and down about two or three times (At this point the camera is not on). If I turn the camera to "on" or past "on", the mirror constantly goes up and down.

All of this happens regardless of whether or not a lens is on the camera and regardless of if there is a CF card in the camera, andI cannot get to the camera's menu.

Is this repairable? I found a local shop that my uncle has used before. It has a fair diagnostic price ($40) which is then applied towards repair cost.

My question to every one is this: Is it worth fixing? Has anyone had the same problem? I would really not like to spend a ton of money fixing a 20D when I could scour ebay and possibly find a 40D for as much as repair would be to fix the 20D. (I'm on a verryy limited budget. Highschool student, wash dishes at a local restraunt haha)

*I've had the 20D for about 4 months and I bought it off of ebay. The guy a bought from said he bought it in 2005 so the warranty is deffinatly expired.

Any advice?