Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
After reading another forum post indicating it works in an XP virtual machine, I think I'll try EOS utility on the VM to see if it connects to the camera (suggested on FoCal's website), and if it does, I'll buy and try.
John; I was hoping you would. I am curious how the software results will compare with the settings you arrived at with the lensalign.

@ Dr Croubie, I had the same question when I started using the lensalign. My thinking was that if I new this making adjustments would be easy. What I have found is that the cameras autofocus is not accurate enough for the answer to matter. The DOF and the amount the AF shots vary is more than +/-1 will cover. This is one reason many have problems when trying to find the correct setting for a lens. Wide lenses are harder to pinpoint than long lenses. Zoom lenses can vary over their range. Cameras are only accurate and precise to a certain point. Using the lensalign gave me valuable lessons about what your camera and lens really do and what you should expect.