Gian, thanks for your comments.

It made perfect sense. English is my second language as well. To be honest, I have no idea what I am doing so I have ro practive with adjusting zoom and f opening and given that I only have one lens right now and absolutely no skills...well, this is going to be one Sisyphean challenge, LOL. That's OK, my dogs are quite patient and a perfect medium to take pictures of for me at least[]

I do have a question...70-200L F4 IS sounds nice because it is lighter and for me it will be one of those things where if it weighs a ton I will abhore carrying it. I do not know enought (well, nothing really) about the faster speed so I am not sure what decision to make. I need help here...If it makes sense to save and wait for F2.8, then I will do it, but I would hate to do that if I was not using it enough....I do not plan at this point making a living out of these lenses, just want to have a really good quality lens to take great pictures with. At home I am fine with what I have (17-85 IS) and I will be getting 50/1.4, but for walks outside, street, beach, travel pictures...what would be a better option for me? Any advice? Most people agree with 70-200L F/4. What is your take?