Thread: Nikon D800 official release, 36MP..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Does anyone feel like the D800 is exactly what everyone's been asking for in the 5D Mark III?
    Yep, spec wise, it sure seems like it. I've read some posts from people that are finding issue with the images Nikon has posted. Personally I think they are good, but I do find it suspecious that the highest ISO of an image they posted was ISO 640. Also, native ISO100-6400 expandable to ISO 50-25600...isn't that the spec on the 5D2? Have to be shooting in DX mode to get the 6 fps. It would be a little funny if we are watching Canon and Nikon switch roles with Canon having the DR/ISO performance and Nikon the high MP.

Overall, it looks like a great camera. The biggest thing I see, besides the MP, is the AF. Nikon set the bar pretty high for Canon. So, here is to hoping that Canon meets or exceeds the bar with the replacement to the 5DII (and 7D)....I am also happy about the price point. I doubt Canon will be much different than $3,000 to stay competitive. I am a few years off from FF (if ever), but I like to think that it would be within range if I ever did decide to make the jump.

One thing I am wondering, how did they get the FF mirror to work with DX lenses? I thought that was part of the deal, that EFS/DX lenses were positioned too close to the sensor and the mirror would hit them. I am sure I am missing something, but maybe it is just about image circle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
    The other thing you've got to understand is that 99% of the time, scientific (and industrial) images look like crap.
    Hmmm...I think that I must have a scientific sensor some of the time....maybe an AA filter that can turn itself on and off randomly?
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 02-07-2012 at 07:30 PM.