Hi guys,

Looking for some input on which lens (es) to purchase together with a 60D.
I would like to take pics from landscapes, wildlife, people surfing and at night (from the sky and similar).

Two things that need to be considered;

- I live next to the beach, hence am worried about the sea air (salt, moisture etc);
- Cameras and lenses are 100% more expensive down here than in the USA or Europe.

I have the chance to buy some equipment which a friend is going to bring from the USA which is a great opportunity

The obvious would be to use the kit lenses for a while and then upgrade according to my needs, however, because of the price issue I would like to avoid the kit lenses and get something better from the beginning. Because of the weather conditions I was looking into some L lenses, however I am not sure if the fact that they are `weatherproof`should be the reason to rule out other lenses.

I ve thought of the following after researching many lenses;

1-EF s 15-85 f3.5-5.6 and later on acquire a 70-200 or 70-300 f lens

2- EF 24-104 f4L, however I will be short for landscape shots, hence I could also add the sigma 8-16 or canon EF-S 10-22. Later on get the 70-200 or 300 lens.

Well, basically, i don want to spend 2k or more and then end up with a few lenses which at the end of the day aren t the best options for me.

I am open to suggestions...