Thread: Self portrait

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I have a shot in my head that I want you to try. It's a shot I've done a few times and it usually turns out well
    Sean, thanks! That was a lot of fun. It took way too long to work out, but I came up with something close. I positioned my head a little different so I could see just a bit more of my face (I have the most awkward looking profile ever, I'm an egg head). I see what you mean about the main light having to be just right. And just about every time I had to adjust it I was fighting with the reflector to get the back of my head illuminated again. I would have killed for another light for that part. I ended up having the flash super close to my head *just outside of the frame. Closer than I would have thought I needed. Learned a ton this time around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Self Portrait 3-29-12-457.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	749

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Self Portrait 3-29-12-511.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	750

I couldn't figure out how to fix the awkward looking shadow cutting across my neck though.
    Last edited by Rocco; 03-31-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers