I'll try to react to photo number 1 first.
Quote Originally Posted by qwRad View Post
The first one is definitely better when you have changed the license plate but it still grabs the attention too much from the couple. Maybe it could be desaturated a little/even the yellow color changed or something so the plate wouldn't 'pop' so much?
Good suggestion. I rarely add any saturation to a photo, so I guess the overall yellow is ok? I can desaturate the plate only of course.
Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
First pic. Bright front end of vehicle draws my eye. I then look right to the fellow looking at his watch who seems to be in a hurry to go somewhere else. Then I notice the bride and groom after that when I start looking for other objects of interest in the photo. Not sure if that was your intent or not.
The fellow at the right side of the car was just waiting for his turn
I definitely agree with you that the composition of the shot is not that great now that I look back at it. The presence of the car(details) overshadows the rest quite a bit. Weddings are not really my thing, but since they didn't want a photographer in the first place, and I had to go there since they are my girlfriends brother and sister in law I could just as well take a few shots. I cannot change the composition, so this is the shot I have to work with. If I ever do this kind of photos again I will pay more attention to it.
Quote Originally Posted by peterborough_photography View Post
I have had couples come to me after 10 years wanting a professional wedding album created.
That's pretty cool. If I look back now after just two years I notice how different I'm looking at some aspects now, so 10 years must be quite a shock
Quote Originally Posted by w349 View Post
I think the licence plate is a really cute feature that they're sure to love... However, I think if you cloned it out completely it would be less distracting. It is cool though! I might also be tempted to lessen the redness in the face of the driver as he seems a little flushed.
Cloning the plate away will probably help solving the distraction, but also makes it more unreal. I personally don't care about the car, but the groom loved it so in the end it's probably the best to just leave it in. The red in the drivers face is a hard one, because my displays weakspot is showing the reds. On my display it looks great, but I have test-printed these shots and it did look quite red without adjustments. I will reduce the amount of red a little bit as well. Note that the driver also really had quite a red face plus it wasn't the warmest day

Try number 2, I desaturated the plates and the reds a little: