Quote Originally Posted by iND View Post
Dr Crouble.
I really like your shot? I think it came out fantastic. Is this a panorama or a crop?
Why did you choose f5.6 for such a deep scene?
This is just a crop from a single shot, EFs 15-85 @ 15mm, and cropped. I did take a panorama with my Samyang 35, shot in vertical, i 14-shots to get around the lake, but I haven't stitched it yet. With stitching the Samyang I couldn't use a CPL obviously, so I chucked the 15-85 on so I'd at least have 1 CPLed shot (i love CPL effects on water and deep blue skies like that).

I normally put it on iso100, 3-shot bracket 1-stop apart, set the middle bracket to 16 seconds, so I get 8/15/30 second shots, then adjust the aperture until 15-seconds is at 0EV, in this case it ended up at f/5.6. Then I take 3x3 brackets, -4/3|-1/3|2/3 + -1|0|1 + -2/3|1/3|4/3 (and for those paying attention, yes I know that if +1EV is 30-seconds, +4/3EV will also only get to 30 seconds. Meh.) Sometimes I take 9 shots at 2-stop bracketing so I get 2/3-stop intervals which I seem to have done here. I don't know what happened, I must have gotten told to hurry up by the missus, but i've only got -8/3|-2/3|4/3 brackets for this shot.
Anyway, seeing as the Hyperfocal for 15mm/5.6 on crop is something like 2 meters, I just live-view MFed on something closeish.

I could have gone to longer speeds and deeper DOF with higher f/ stop, I did have my TC-80N3 in my pocket, but i've never tried bracketing with it (i'm sure I could, just adjust the time between each shot, but I prefer to HSC my shots so clouds don't move too much between shots).