Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
Just getting a chance to read your first intro on the HB site. What if you changed the words "had had" to "have had"?
Wow, I work with language arts teachers that consider it thier patriotic duty to correct my emails---I can't even get a break here---Seriously, Thanks for catching that---it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
Questions for the site so far: Are they more or less active before storms? Are there better times of day that they are more active? Some might already have been written. I'm trying to post this as I go before I forget.
There are also a couple of double spaces after a comma.
1. Storms? I live in New Mexico, What's a storm? The last moisture we had was in January--and that was a dust storm we call "New Mexico Rain". But from what I have read, the Hummers seem to get more active after a storm.

2. There are certainly better times of day to catch hummingbirds. I have found that the little guys start getting active even at first light, about 30 or 40 minutes before sunrise, long before the other birds wake up. They also get very active in the late afternoon and evening, just before they bed down for the night--If your kind to your subjects, this is a good time to limit your shooting so they can feed without the terror of flashy lights and horrifying clicks and pops. You can still shoot in the evening, Just save the snaps for those very special shots. The late morning and early afternoon are much slower for the little guys, but I have found that they still typically hit the feeders every 20-30 minutes. So If your patient, you can still capture great shots in the middle of the day.

Thanks Broke, These are great questions and I will post them shortly.

As far as the double spaces after a comma; Oops, and for all other typo's and errors---please feel free to point them out and I will gladly correct them before any of my LA teachers find them.

Thanks again,

Bob