I think everyone is talking about the low light/low noise of the 5d3 and in the videos modes I have seen and are not talking about the dynamic range of the d800 except in two cases. Frame pulls are fairly lousy from both from what I have seen - but that is a true bastardization of the purpose of the video - neither Canon nor Nikon are wanting to be judged on a 30 fps 2mp frame rate, etc, etc.

My concern on dynamic range isn't during long duration shutter speeds, actually the opposite - what is the dynamic range in a 125, 250,500, etc. Where the dynamic range shows up in video is at 60th or 125th of a second - that is my nagging question.

If I understand it correctly ( and the last time I got this deep into I lost most of my gray matter when my head exploded w/ all the science/electrical engineering stuff) is that much of the low light noise comes from a heat and signal leakage across pixels that exacerbated by the long shutter time, etc. At a 60th/125th this shouldn't be such an issue.

I have expressed my desire to buy a 5d3 at the end of the summer - I currently have a t3i and the focusing capabilities look a lot (perhaps a little less) like the 5d2 - I haven't found that I missed focused that many times... yet. So one question is whether I would appreciate the bump to the 5d3 over the 5d2 (extra L lens).

net net - both these are fantastic cameras, completely beyond what has available a few years back - rivaling/approaching low speed film (100 iso) at light levels several stops faster.

FYI - I think the building shot is really quite good