So I only just read about it on the bbc website, that there's going to be a Transit of Venus tomorrow, and then not again for over 100 years, so it's the last chance any of us will get.
This and this are useful to figure out if you can see at least some of it (basically, as long as you're not in West Africa or Brazil, you'll get something).

So, now I'm thinking about gear.
I've got a Jupiter 250mm f/3.5, with two 2x TCs, makes 1000mm f/14. On top of that I've got a Hoya ND400, and a Canon ND8. If I stop down the lens I can get anywhere up to f/16, so f/64 with the TCs. Add on a Kenko 1.4x if I have to. (the Jupiter might not be the best lens, bright copper blades to uncoated optics, i'll pack the 70-300L as well although i already know from experience that gives flare pointing at the sun).
I'll take the 7D and the EOS3 with a roll of ISO50 Velvia (because it's that or Tmax400 B+W film) and decide when I get there (probably take a few shots with both).

Is that going to be dark enough? I shot the eclipse in Europe a year and a bit ago, that was fine even at f/16. But this is pointing straight at the sun with a fly in front of it blocking light, do I need darker? (only other ways to go darker would be with CPLs, i've got a reversal adapter for DIY-Vari-ND, but the one time i used it everything went purple)
And should I put in a UV filter if i'm going to be shooting with film? (I can get the B+W MRC off my 70-300L if I have to).

So, am I going to cook my sensor, go blind, melt film, should I stop past a camera shop on the way to work and buy an ND10,000 (seeing as I have to work tomorrow, this will probably be a quick lunch-break shot), or should I just accept that it's probably going to be cloudy anyway?

Anyone else shooting it?