I am quite tempted on the 5dII - just haven't pulled the trigger for some reason. The only real thing that I would want is the updated autofocus features of the 7d. The AF isn't as robust as the 5dIII - that is the "down market" aspect that is "OK" with me.

I have no idea of what Canon is going to do - no insider info, etc - it just seems to me from a product line strategy that both the 5dII and the D700 are "long in the tooth" and neither Canon nor Nikon are going to trust the other not to introduce a !!! new and improved!!!! wiz bang body in the 2k neighborhood. Is the 7d w/ the its most current firmware w/ FF it or would the wizzy features of the T4i on the new crop sensor be "good enough" not having shot the 7d, I am asking the group if they think it might be.

I know I am on record of having said I thought the 1dx was not the breakthrough I was hoping for, perhaps I was hallucinating or just overtaken with the power of the current gaggle of cameras compared to when I left the photo world many years ago. (I occasionally find myself wondering why google earth isn't a live feed too on the getting carried away with tech hallucinations).

I will be making a move by mid August regardless and then hunkering down from the hardware chase - the T3i has served its purpose - a cost effective test of whether not I would jump back in to the image capture world.

lastly i have seen several gently used 5dII in fleabay going for really decent prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
You know, I think they could lower the retail price of the 5D Mark II to $1650 and most people wanting a budget full-framer would be happy. The 5D Mark II may be long in the tooth, but I picked one up at the beginning of this year and I'm loving it. The build quality isn't as good as the 7D, but it's hard to beat the images I can create with it.