I am interested in upgrading my current general purpose lens, a Canon EF 28-105mm f 3.5-4.5II USM lens and have been saving for the EF 24-105mm f4 L IS USM lens at the recommendation of a photographer friend. My current lens takes good pictures, but I would like to have IS. I am not sure I need to go with the "L" glass and have been looking at alternatives. One that I have in mind is the 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS lens as some reviewers felt the IQ was comparable. Of course there are also some negative reviews about IQ with the 18-200, and apparent problems with the lens lock. I currently have a Tamron 80-200 lens, which is very heavy and therefore does not get used a lot. I also have a Tokina 19-35mm F3.5-4.5 that takes great pictures, and the kit lens. If I get the Canon 18-200, I could sell the Tamron and Tokina and have one lens to meet my needs. My camera body is the Canon T2i. I am interested in nature shots (flowers, birds, waterfalls), landscapes, and grandkids. I would love to downsize my lenses and would appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!