Zenfolio, smugmug, something else? how do you decide?

I have decided that its probably time to start a real website with my own domain. I have had a free website for several years and I think I have finally outgrown what it can offer. Mostly due to me trying to change gears a bit with my photography and photographing more people. So I need a site that people can easily find their pictures on and password protect certain galleries. Of course since I have yet to really make any money off of my photography, I don't want to start spending more than I need to on a website. So my question is this, what services does everyone use to host their website and what does everyone suggest?

I dont need anything too fancy, just my own domain, option to have protected galleries, possibly an option to buy photos directly through the webpage, best money to feature site.

Also, since I now have two totally different types of photography..nature/wildlife and people, should these be kept on seperate pages or will it be okay on the same website? I dont want to maintain two seperate sites but I also think it helps keep me looking more professional to keep them seperate. People looking at wildlife photos probably have no interest in photos of models/portraits and visa versa.

open to all opinions, suggestions etc.

Thanks in advance