Thread: Introduction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Introduction

Hi my name is David and I'm about as new as a newbie can be to the world of digital photography. I recently decided it was time to step up from the point-&-shoot world and get serious about this hobby. So I left my Canon SX20 behind and picked up a Canon EOS Rebel T2i. I guess I let the bug really get a hold of me as I quickly traded the T2i for a Canon EOS 7D, followed even quicker with a jump to FF and the Canon EOS 5D MkII (which I love!) when the 7D suddenly passed away. Been playing around with a number of lenses and I think I've settled on the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM and the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM. Haven’t really photographed much as of yet, as is obvious when you look at my Lightroom library - one directory named 'test shots', and one named 'Gus' but hopefully that will soon change. My main interests are landscapes, wildlife and aviation.

At any rate, I've been lurking around for a bit and decided that you guys have put together a great site that has a wealth of information plus being interesting and fun, so I hope you don't mind if I jump in and try to learn a thing or two from you.

The photos are of my best bud Amicus Curious George, or Gus for short. He's our 9 year old miniature Dachshund and ruler of the house

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3301.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	1324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_3557.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	1325