Hey folks!

I am just wondering if anyone has run into this problem... I was shooting at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco and a park ranger came up to me and told me I couldn't shoot here without a permit. Why? Because I'm charging my client. What I didn't tell him was that this was a LivingSocial deal that I am making hardly any money on. Even when I do charge my clients, it's still only about $150-200. If I am reading this correctly, they want $231 each time I do a shoot. It's labeled HERE as "exterior fashion/product" but without assistants or equipment, this is really the closest thing to what I'm doing, and the CHEAPEST permit they have. This seems a bit like a scam to me! haha! I'm not submitting these photos to a magazine for print or having them as part of an ad campaign. These are photos for "personal use" but I'm selling them to the families, so it's not really "commercial" photography, at least in my definition, but according to them it is because I'm selling the photos.

Does anyone else run into this problem? Any experience or info you have on the subject would be appreciated!

HERE IS THE PERMIT I NEED TO FILE: for such a small shoot and doing it one or two days a week every week seems silly to have to submit this every time.

www.freshphotoblog.com