I've been using point and shoot for years and now it is time to move-up in the photography world. I have an affinity for B&W photography and I'm getting conflicting information concerning the Picture Mode/Style feature known as Monochrome. Nearly all books on B&W digital photo I have read say at one point or another to "bring up your monochrome mode" and see the potential B&W capture in the monitor. So here is my concern. Is the monochrome picture style/mode really helpful in evaluating the image as it might appear in B&W capture and conversion processing? Or, is it just an advantage that is not necessarily required? Reason for my question? I have been considering the Canon T4i with battery grip (my hands are huge!). However, according to the specifications and the word of a sales rep, it does not have a monochrome Picture Style/Mode. To get that, I would have to move up to the 60D or the 7D. Even though cost is not really the object, the 7D, especially, is much more than I am presently ready for and, in some ways the same goes for the 60D. If I must spring for one of these, I would probably go for the 7D. A fellow forum commuter on another web site has said the the T4i does havse a mono feature. I'm hoping someone here can provide some clarity. Thanks to all.