Thread: Lens Rentals Review of the 24-70 II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGass View Post
    I think your are talking out of ignorance, even on a tripod unless you lock down your tripod and use mirror lockup or higher than 160th sec you will get a blurred image. But that is not always the case, usually not the case for me, I usually need to handle the camera and point it around and trigger the shot with the shutter button. The new version of IS is useful for faster shutter speeds as well (As per Bryans review) and IS is very helpfull just for aiming at high magnifacations. Most shots are best in early morning or evening because of the sweet light, broad daylight shots are for the most part not ideal lighting and cloudy is much better than broad daylight.
    Never mind just hand holding!

While I would love to have IS in the 24-70mm II as much as anybody I can see myself getting around it FAR easier than a super tele.

Sorry but IS is EXTREMELY useful,
    John.
    And there's another word for what you are talking out of.
    Last edited by Scott Stephen; 09-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes