Hi all, I've been reading through the replies on this post and have been a reader of this forum for quite some time now. Most of the post are by some serious photographers. In fact, looking through your pictures and tips and replies, I've learned quite a bit from you. There is an impressive level of experience on this site, much more than the average photographer. But when I step back and think of who Canon is targeting, I think someone said it right earlier...It's all the rebel series users.

I've been in the market of upgrading my Xsi to a FF for quite a while now. When the 5D MkIII came out, I was nearly ready to pull the trigger on it. Go big or go home was my attitude, but I had and still have a hard time with the price. I like all the features, but it has a lot that I would probably never use. I've gotten good with my current setup, have some L glass and really put effort into my pictures. Realistically, the majority of users of the canon DSLR aren't even to the low level that I'm at. I'm guessing there are more owners that have their camera cause it looks good, they are great for travel and being able to utilize different lense, and their buddies have them. Realistically, I bet some don't even know what mirror lock up is or white balance. They use the magic little green box selection on their setting selector. But now canon releases this cool new FF camera that has a super wow factor for a rebel user, similar to when the 60d came out. They can say that the average user can now photograph full frame just like the pro's, but not break the bank. Now this is the target audiance that Canon is after. And as much as a 5D mkIII would be great to have, I'm thinking I'm going to be content with a lower priced FF camera that I don't have to buy new memory cards for, that geo tags my travels for me, that isn't going to make me eat pb&j for months to pay for. Cut Canon some slack, I'm sure the first and second revisions of the 5d were initially looked down upon, but they actually turned out great once you got your hands on them.