Thread: Minimum Advertised Pricing New--Enhance My Kit.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Minimum Advertised Pricing New--Enhance My Kit.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this (http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...aspx?News=3304) would affect the deals on kits or ebay deals we have been seeing.

Specifically:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...D_Mark_II.html

Which was posted in the news section awhile ago (thanks Sean). Anyone have an opinion about the Pro9000 mk II printer?

BTW, I have been planning a post about the next step to enhance my kit for a little bit now, but this gives away one of my thoughts, going FF.

A quick summary....I have been evaluating my kit and overall I am very happy. So I may not need to do much. But I can see a couple of holes, low light and portrait photography as well as the general improvements in quality gained from FF. I would love to upgrade the 100-400L, but tough to do so with a rumor. Similar is true with the 7DII.

So my thoughts have been one of the following:
    1) Get the 5DII or 5DIII for the improvement gained from FF and better high ISO performance. I may keep the 7D to pair with the 100-400L for wildlife. I could see the 5DIII becoming my main camera. I am not sure about the 5DII. But the above deal seems pretty amazing.

Keeping the 7D:
    2) Get a couple of non-L primes (EF 28 f/2.8 IS or Sigma 30 f/1.4, upgrade to the 50 f/1.4, and/or add the 85 f/1.8--but this is getting close to my 100 mm f/2.8 L)
    3) Get a single L-prime (say the 35 mm f/1.4)
    4) Get the 28-70 f/2.8 (I or II). In all the "wish list" threads, I always state my desire for an EFS 40-120 f/2.8 to be the EFS equivalent of the 70-200 series lenses on FF. I was thinking about it the other day, and the EF 24-70 f/2.8 covers much of the portrait range at f/2.8 I am looking for when mounted on a 7D.
    5) Get a high end tripod/ballhead (been thinking about this for awhile)

Current camera: 7D. Most used lenses: EFS 15-85 and EF 100-400L. Other lenses: 50 f/1.8, EFS 10-22, and EF 100 f/2.8 L IS

BTW...I wasn't in a rush to do any of this until I saw the news post. I was probably going to wait until Dec/Jan timeframe.

Thanks for any help with any part of this....
    Brant
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-31-2012 at 09:42 PM.