I have always loved street photography and admire the photographers that capture those interesting shots. Although I have always been hesitant, I have taken a few and then I always back off afraid someone will get upset if they notice their picture being taken.

A number of photos in the news recently question how far a photograher should go to get the shot. I'm sure many have read about the police officer who bought a pair of shoes for a homeless man only to find out he isn't really homeless. The photo of the two men has been seen on many websites. Now there is this that I read in The New York Times this morning ..."Mr. Hillman, 54, was by turns aggrieved, grateful and taken aback by all the attention that had come his way — even as he struggled to figure out what to do about it. “I was put on YouTube, I was put on everything without permission. What do I get?” he said. “This went around the world, and I want a piece of the pie.” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/ny...oots.html?_r=0

Another infamous photo in the news today is the recent subway photo printed by the New York Post. http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/04/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t3

Also, we have all seen those moving photos online of a homeless man holding his dog as they sit cuddled together on a cold street. I saw yesterday that a site is holding a contest for the best "Homeless Person and Their Pet" photo.

I've taken a few shots myself that I have questioned if it was right or wrong ...a neighbors house burning and even a simple shot of an unsuspecting woman reading a book by the lake. Is it an invasion of her privacy? I took this shot of two homeless men, one wanting the food that another took out of the garbage. I have others where one of the men is facing the camera and somewhat distinquishable. Again, does it even go to far? Does it invade their privacy? If it were a closer recognizable shot of them, would it cause them or their family undue embarrassment if they saw it posted?

The above is just to spark conversation on when does street photography go to far. When does it stop being interesting photos and start being morally and ethically wrong? Opinions?

Hunger In America_3 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr