Thread: Thanks to Bryan for the excellent review of 6D

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @Dave: I got the 24-105 kit, as that seemed like a good walk-around. Even though I know that on FF, the f/4 lens will actually be 1/3 stop faster than my old f/2.8 zoom was on a crop, it still felt like I might be missing out on wider aperatures, though. That is why I got the 85 f/1.8 to kind of fill in for that, plus it gets me back to the portrait length the 50 f/1.8 used to give me on crop.

@Busted: A lot of options indeed, none of which are a Pulitzer with my name on it though. I will keep the crop body as a 2nd camera, so I can use 2 lenses at the same time. Probably the long lens on the crop and a short lens on the FF, so I have the widest range covered.

I may sell the 17-55 lens.

Also, forgot to say in response I like the 1.4x mk3 TC. I never owned any other TC, so I have nothing to compare it to. I personally can't see any degradation in IQ, but then I don't analyze the results beyond saying "I like it" or I don't like it." . It was often too long before on my T3i, but I may be using it more now with the FF.
    Last edited by Scott Stephen; 12-21-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Missed a question
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes