I know this subject has been circulated before, since it has been out a while maybe there are more with experience to share.

A Few Questions;

1, Retina display, gives more pixels for viewing. It is supposed to be closer to what the human eye can see. (not to start a debate on the human eye, just mentioning what Apple says). So is there a difference in this and the normal screen? Will it help my pixel peeping? Is it worth the extra money?
2, The two equal versions of Apple's 15" on their website are the non Retina for $1,999.00 and the Retina for $2,799.00. They have one other diffrence. The cheap version has to be upgraded to get a SSD.The expensive $2,799.00 version has a 512gb flash storage. From what I have read, the SSD would be the same as flash storage, only the flash storage can not be removed and is permanent. To get the 512gb SSD in the cheap version would bring the cost of the $1,999 version over $3K without Retina. So is this description correct, or is their other differences that would matter?
3, Will Retina display only apply to the laptop's display? There doesn't appear to be any benefit if you are using a monitor, from the cheap version to the expensive.