So, my wife and I were able to go waterfall hunting this weekend, which is excellent. We hardly have the time or weather conducive of this so it was a real break to get to go out and shoot some stuff we've never seen before.

Then it happened. We were on a somewhat precarious trail at the second of 4 waterfalls that we visited this weekend and my wife misplaced a step and slid down a rock face wet from precipitation (and perspiration and maybe a little urination). The rock face was about 25 feet. After I freaked out and she was luckily OK (I know this because of the slow thumbs up she gave me), I made the trek down the side of the rock face to get to her.

She was a little bumped up with some abrasions on her knee and a scratch under her eye, but the camera got the worst of it. It was covered in mud and leafy litter by now and none of the buttons seemed to work. She also had a tokina 12-24 f4 mounted that may or may not have taken a big impact during the fall.

We have the cameras and lenses insured for things like this, but I'm curious where the closest authorized Canon repair facility is and also if and where there is a Tokina lens repair place.

Here is the obligatory post fall sad face.

photo by johnstondox, on Flickr

Thanks for your help everyone.

Dave.