Hi,

seeing that my 35L is sometimes a bit wide, and the plastic fantastic doesn't have FTM (at least not without torturing the AF gears :-) I have recently been reading a bit about the 50L ... and I was wondering whether technically it isn't a bit (!) of a soft focus lens, after all, the bokeh optimisations seem to be partially based on uncorrected spherical aberrations, which is the same wording that explains a soft focus lens' effect.

That wouldn't actually deter me, I also have a LensBaby Composer with SoftFocus optics, and sometimes wished for something a bit less extreme and with auto-focus. Sounds like the 50L could be the perfect upgrade for me, fixing everything that's wrong with the 35L (well, not wrong, just that it's too wide sometimes), the 50II (well, everything except for sharpness (and weight (and price))), and the LensBaby...

Please don't flame me for this last comparison, I've never seen a 50L outside of pictures on the net or held one in my hand! But whoever owns one, am I exaggerating, or is "a 50mm version of the 35L with a pinch of soft focus" just the right idea about this lens?

(Btw, I'm not taking the 85L2 into consideration although it would fit smack between 35L and 135L. In fact I just sold the 85 non-L because each time it was on the camera it took at most 5 minutes before I ended up with the 135L instead for reach and MM.)

Thanks