Hi All,
New to this forum obviously but not to photography or forums for that matter. I am looking for input from people on a choice I am thinking about. Let me see if I can condense this down.
Currently I have the 70-300L and a 5DII, the 5DII was upgraded(changed) from a 7D 1 year ago and I have had the 70-300l about 18 months or so.
Last month while shopping at BestBuy with the wife I scored a NIB 70-200F2.8L II for $1499. (long story). With that lens in my bag now I am thinking of getting rid of the 70-300L in favor of a 100-400L. Since getting the 5D I am missing the long end and the extra 100mm does not seem to be worth the expense of keeping this lens since getting the 70-200L.
I am thinking of finding some one local that would want to trade a 100-400L for my 70-300L which also has the Canon tripod mount with it.
Does this seem like fair trade both monetarily and by IQ? This is of course based on the idea that someone is wanting to downsize from a much larger physical lens and do a trade. I would also want to do this only for a newer date coded 100-400L.

Thanks for your input

John