Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
Mark, what are you putting out to attract all the wildlife?

Here's a shot Magda took while picking me up from work today. This is 20 feet from the parking lot. We've never had a good shot of a beaver before, and here she is with an 85mm, and a very brave and/or hungry model.
Nice shot. Right place, right time. And pretty close if you were using an 85.

We're caught in a bit of a vicious circle in our yard. We have several outdoor cats (strays we've spayed who hung around). We feed them twice a day, but often the raccoons will barge right in and eat the cat food before the cats can eat their fill. So I started throwing out cheap dog food for the raccoons to eat while cats have their food. It works, more or less. Lately we've seen the foxes munching on the dog food as well. The foxes are cute and very skittish and this is the first time in years we've seen them. The raccoons come in larger numbers in the late spring (with all the young ones) and then taper off to one or two later in the summer. It's a bit of a balancing act for sure. All the houses on this side of the street have large tracts of woods behind them, so there is no shortage of wildlife. I used to see deer all the time, but with the cats around now, I don't throw bird food on the ground any more and that was what used to attract the deer.

Just call me Dr. Doolittle.